Wouldn’t it be great if you could reduce the use of needless packaging when you go grocery shopping?
Instead of using single-use plastic or paper bags for your fresh produce, go au natural with our variety pack of three organic cotton mesh produce bags! They are designed for carrying and storing fresh fruit and veg, and are made from all natural fibres so that your fresh produce can ‘breathe’ whilst being stored. This prevents condensation happening resulting in fresher and longer lasting food!
Did you know it takes four times more energy to produce paper bags than plastic bags? And we all know how bad plastic pollution is to our environment, so these cotton bags are the perfect replacement!
These bags have been made with thorough research to ensure that they are ethically and sustainably made, so that all you have to do is make sure you don’t forget them at home! Not only are they super compact before use to carry your produce home, they’re great at keeping your fridge organised when they’re used to store your food as the contents can easily be seen without opening up the bag!
Take your bags to the supermarket/ farmers market and proudly refuse single-use plastic bags and paper bags, you know it makes sense!
The pack contains one small, one medium and one large bag.
- Includes three convenient sizes:
- Small size approximately 18cm wide x 22cm high
- Medium size approximately 26cm wide x 32cm high
- Large size approximately 34cm wide x 38cm high
- Responsibly made with Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified Organic Cotton
- Handy drawstring closure to help keep the produce well organised in the fridge.
- Being a mesh you can clearly see the content without having to open the bag and having a look inside; we’re taking a tip from Mari Kondo!
- No condensation or sweat making it breathable for produce, keeping your fruit and veg fresher for longer.
- The labels inside include the 'tare weight' of the bag, which helps the shopkeeper to determine the weight of the fresh product inside.
- Compact and lightweight so that you can easily fit in you’re bag or pocket!
- A great replacement to single-use paper and plastic bags, let’s U-turn on the disposable culture we live in and refuse and reuse
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY FEATURES
- The organic cotton mesh produce bags are made with GOTS certified organic cotton from India.
- The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres and means, the entire textile supply chain is independently certificated including both ecological and social criteria.
- The cotton is grown on non-GM, small farms in South India where the dry climate helps the cotton to grow well.
- The mesh bag fabric is woven to the actual size of the bag (as it cannot be cut easily) which also means there is no wastage.
- Machine washable at 40 degrees.
- They’re biodegradable- when the natural life of the cotton bags are done, as they are made from 100% cotton we can send it back to where it came from. Soak it in boiling hot water and bury it with your organic compost, where it will disintegrate in 5-6 months.